- Khun Tiang Chirathivat started the family business 1947 Central Trading was opened in row-house to sell books and other merchandise
- Opened Central Wang Burapa, our first and biggest department store in Thailand.
- Central Department Store Rajaprasong was opened in the heart. of Bangkok
- Central Department Store Chidlom was opened as “One-Stop Shopping” store
- Central Restaurant Group was launched introducing Western-style fast food to Thailand.
- Central Pattana was established
- Central Plaza Ladprao was launched with a department store, retail shops, hotel and office building
- Central Department Store Kad Suan Kaeo the first upcountry store was opened in Chiang Mai
- Bought franchise for Marks & Spencer in Thailand
- CENTRAL Group entered into a joint venture with Watsons, a leading chain of health and beauty stores and pharmacies operating across Europe and Asia.
- Tops Supermarket was established as a joint venture between Central Retail Corporation and Royal Ahold Company Limited.
- Took major shareholding in the World Trade Centre and renamed it Central World
- Began a joint venture with Royal Ahold to operate Tops Supermarket
- Opened Central Department Store in HangZhou
- Expanded to Europe; took over la Rinascente, a renowned local department store in Italy
- ILLUM, a luxurious Scandinavian department store in Denmark, was acquired by Rinascente.
- Opened Central Embassy, the most luxurious department store in Thailand.
- Opened Central Department Store of Grand Indonesia Mall.
- Signed an agreement on the acquisition of 3 luxury department stores in Germany KaDeWe, Oberpollinger and Alsterhaus. As well as the joint venture with NguyenKim, no. 1 electronic retailer in Vietnam and LANCHI, the supermarket chain in Vietnam.
- Opened CentralPlaza WestGate, the most complete “Super Regional Mall” in Southeast Asia.
- Opened CentralFestival EastVille, “The New Nature Experience of Bangkok”.
- Central Department Stores in Jakarta, Indonesia (Neo Soho; opened in Sep 2016)
- Rinascente Department Italy, Rome (opening in 2017)
- Central Plaza 2 new projects opening in 2017: Mahachai and Nakornratchasima
- Tops Plaza 2 new projects opening in 2017: Udonthanee and Pichit
- Central Group agreed to a 17.5-billion-baht joint venture with JD.com, the giant retail and e-commerce from China to create a new e-commerce platform at JD.co.th.